Your primary care physician may be the first person you see when you’re feeling under the weather or to maintain your overall wellbeing, but if you are planning to become pregnant or have gynecologic concerns, it’s best to rely on the services of an OB/GYN at a women’s health center.
It is important for adult women to have annual pelvic exams, breast exams, and Pap smears, and a women’s health is specifically designed to provide these services. It is also a place where you can gain valuable information about birth control options, STD (sexually transmitted disease) prevention, as well as menstrual cycle problems, such as irregular period, heavy flow, cramping, and symptoms of infection.
If this is your first trip to a women’s health center, or you need to choose a new OB/GYN, you may be wondering what to expect when you schedule a visit to Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center in North Miami, Florida.
Comprehensive Women’s Health Care Services
At Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center, our highly trained and experienced OB/GYNs go the extra mile to provide exceptional care. Our philosophy is that every woman is a unique individual with her own special needs. So, we strive to provide personalized healthcare she can depend on at each stage of life.
As such, you can expect your visit to our women’s health center to include a wide variety of routine and preventive measures that includes:
- Recording your height, weight, and blood pressure.
- An in-depth discussion of your medical history, including medications they may be taking, any allergies you may have, immunization history, date of last menstrual period, and any related facts or details about your individual concerns. In discussing your questions and concerns, your healthcare provider will determine whether an examination is needed.
- An annual well woman visit that includes a breast exam.
- Thorough pelvic examinations of your outer genitalia, vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries. The pelvic exam is often brief but is a vital part of your visit that checks for potential problems.
From the onset of menstruation to pregnancy, menopause, and beyond, our caring and dedicated doctors provide comprehensive services designed to help you live your best life.
Our wide-ranging services include:
- On-site, state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies, including obstetrics and gynecologic ultrasounds
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Pelvic floor therapy to help manage incontinence and/or pelvic pain
- Vaginal laser surgery to relieve symptoms of menopause
- Cosmetic procedures, such as Botox, Juvéderm, and vaginal rejuvenation
- Wellness products and services that include hormone replacement therapy with bioidentical hormones, IV/IM vitamins, diet and nutrition consultations, and weight loss programs
Women’s Health Center in Miami, Florida
At Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center, our doctors are devoted to enhancing your life by delivering outstanding, personalized, and friendly care while ensuring you understand every step of your treatment plan and what to expect. We welcome your questions and take the time to provide in-depth answers that address your concerns.
To learn more about our women’s health services, contact Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center in North Miami, Florida, today at (305) 981-0231 or simply use our convenient online appointment request form to arrange a consultation with one of our specialists.