So, you’re not quite happy with the look and function of your private part down there and looking to give it a makeover. There are a number of options available for you, depending on which specific area of your genitalia you want to get reshaped or repaired. These include the following:
- Labiaplasty– to address symmetry issues or reduce the length of either the labia minora or majora or both (the folds of skin surrounding the vulva)
- Vaginoplasty- to repair vaginal laxity by removing excess skin and reconstructing the vaginal wall
- Clitoral hood reduction- to remove the fold of skin that covers the clitoris, making it easier to be sexually aroused
- Labia majoraplasty- to reduce of the outer labia majora
- Monsplasty- to reduce bulging of the fatty pad in the frontal part of the vulva where hair grows
It’s important to take note that these procedures are not without any risk, and thus, before you decide to undergo any of these, discuss them thoroughly with your gynecological surgeon. This way, you can rest assured that you’re making a well-informed decision.
Talking to Your Doctor About Genital Plastic Surgery
First, discuss with your doctor whether you are a suitable candidate for genital plastic surgery. They will carry out a thorough assessment to determine which of the procedures above is the most suitable for you. Once these details have been sorted out, have an in-depth discussion about the option itself by asking for the following questions:
- What are the potential risks and complications that are associated with this procedure, and how are they handled?
- Typically, how long is the recovery period for such a procedure, and will I require help during my recovery?
- What do I need to do to help ensure the best results?
- What results can I reasonably expect?
- Are there any before-and-after photos of the procedure that you can share?
Also, ask questions about postoperative effects, such as:
- How long must I wait after the procedure before I can resume sexual intercourse?
- What changes in sensitivity, if any, will I experience during sexual intercourse?
- Will I still be able to have a vaginal childbirth after my surgery? Will it affect the results of my procedure?
By asking these important questions, you can be confident that you are taking the right steps to achieve your desired results.
Genital Plastic Surgery in Miami, Florida
At Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center, our board-certified OB/GYNs recognize that genital plastic surgery is a major decision for many women. You can rest assured that we take all necessary measures to ensure that your surgery is safe, comfortable, and successful, while also guiding you through the entire process with individualized and compassionate care.
To learn more about genital plastic surgery and whether it is an appropriate option for you, contact Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center at (305) 981-0231 or use our appointment request form to arrange a private consultation with one of our highly skilled specialists.