Women of all ages–from teens to seniors–should see their gynecologist at least annually. Why? Frankly, for both the sexual health and overall health benefits from the comprehensive care offered by a gynecologist, who is highly trained and experienced in women’s health issues.
Here are the primary reasons for a visit to the gynecologist.
Women’s Health Benefits
Whatever a woman’s age, a plan of preventive care supports good overall health. Your gynecologist in North Miami, FL, offers a wide array of services which do just that, including in-office cancer risk assessments (cervical, breast, uterine, and ovarian). Pap smears for cervical cancer begin at age 21 or when the woman becomes sexually active. Routine mammography starts at age 40, and the doctor performs a pelvic examination and manual breast exam with each annual well check-up.
As needed, your GYN doctor evaluates for STIs, bladder and vaginal infections, cysts, endometriosis, and more. They’ll discuss nutrition, exercise, alcohol and tobacco use, and other lifestyle matters important to long-term well-being. Plus, at Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center, we offer aesthetic services, such as BOTOX, vaginal rejuvenation, and IV hydration and vitamin supplementation. So, you can feel rejuvenated and confident in your personal appearance.
In short, a visit with your gynecologist helps you be in control of many health issues. Annual appointments are a great opportunity to get accurate information and the peace of mind you deserve.
Pregnancy Related Care
Whether you wish to postpone pregnancy, manage your family size, or become pregnant when you’re at your healthiest, your gynecologist is the best source for pregnancy-related education and services. With your women’s health doctor, you can:
- Discuss birth control options, their effectiveness, and which one is best for you
- Get a reliable pregnancy test, pelvic exam, and ultrasound imaging
- Complete tests for genetic and structural abnormalities in your baby
- Receive genetic counseling
- Be educated on your birth options, including C-section, vaginal delivery, or VBAC (vaginal delivery after C-section)
Menstruation And Menopause Related Care
Menstruation and menopause present unique challenges. Your gynecologist in Miami helps women with:
- Irregular periods (dysmenorrhea)
- Painful periods, endometriosis, and ovarian cysts
- Symptoms of menopause, including vaginal prolapse, weak pelvic floor muscles, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, weight gain, hair thinning, and more
- Hormone replacement therapy, or HRT, to reduce the discomforts associated with menopause
Your Women’s Care Specialist in North Miami, FL
At Levin’s Women’s Health & Wellness Center, Dr. Daniel Levin and Dr. Joan Alvarez deliver comprehensive women’s health care services, and we do so in a comfortable, welcoming facility that features the most innovative diagnostic and treatment modalities.
Whether you wish for a refreshed physical appearance, need treatment for an acute health problem, or wish to receive the finest care for your pregnancy, our professional team will help you achieve the best outcomes possible.
Call our office today for a consultation: (305) 981-0231, or you may request an appointment online. We look forward to seeing you soon.